Divino Tuscany – June 2011
Divino Tuscany is a celebration of Tuscan winemaking excellence. The inaugural event to be held in Florence, Italy June 2 – 5, 2011 will bring together the top winemakers from Tuscany who will promote, share and demystify their top rated wines.
James Suckling, former Senior Editor and European Bureau Chief of Wine Spectator and one of the world’s most influential wine critics, and IMG Artists, one of the leading producers of cultural and lifestyle festivals, including the Tuscan Sun Festival, are collaborating on this signature event. Together, consulting with founding vintners from Antinori, Frescobaldi, Mazzei, Ricasoli, Il Borro, Petrolo and Castello Banfi, Divino Tuscany will offer a distinctive program that highlights premium wines in one of the most dramatic vinicultural regions of the world. The unique combination of wine, food, culture and history will be experienced throughout.
In selecting the wines to be showcased in this exclusive event, Suckling reviewed his ratings over the last two decades and based his decisions on merit and highquality winemaking. Those who know him understand his deep love for great Italian wine. Having lived in Tuscany for over ten years, Suckling has long recognized the need to create a premium wine event like Divino Tuscany.
Over the course of four incredible days, attendees will experience grand tastings, seminars, special dinners and entertainment – everything about Divino Tuscany has been designed with the highest level of excellence in mind, from the selection of wines to the locations.
- Opening night concert at one of the most beautiful Italian theaters, Teatro della Pergola, featuring superstar violinist Joshua Bell followed by an informal but festive dinner in the Gherardesca garden of the Four Seaons Hotel in Florence.
- Gala dinner at the opulent Palazzo Corsini on the banks of the Arno catered by the legendary Enoteca Pinchiorri, a three star Michelin restaurant in Florence known for its stunning wine cellar and sumptuous cuisine.
- Grand Tastings at the Four Seasons Florence featuring the very best wines from both newer and older vintages of the 50 best wineries in Tuscany poured by the winemakers and proprietors themselves.
- Saturday night dinners in the private Palazzi of the most well-known Tuscan wine families and estates including Antinori, Frescobaldi, Mazzei, Ferragamo, Corsini, Banfi to name a few. The dinners will be hosted by the families, winemakers and owners of the estates themselves, creating the privileged setting of access to these normally private estates.
- Tutored tastings at the gorgeous Palazzo Capponi featuring important topics on Tuscan winemaking led by James Suckling and complemented by his guest panelists and experts.
- Divino Tuscany will close with a relaxed country lunch featuring a traditional Tuscan pig roast hosted by Sting and Trudie Styler at their private villa in the countryside just outside Florence, Il Palagio.
Statement from James Suckling:
Welcome to Divino Tuscany!
The four-day event is the realization of my dream since moving to live in Tuscany in 1998 as the European Bureau chief of The Wine Spectator magazine. The idea is simple: The world must come to Florence to celebrate the best in Tuscan wine as well as food, entertainment, art, culture and history. There’s no place on earth like Florence.
As a wine critic and journalist, I have rated and reported on Tuscany since 1983. The improvements in viticulture and winemaking over those three decades have been nothing short of phenomenal. It is hard to think of an area in the world that is making as exciting and diverse red wines. Names such as Masseto, Sassicaia, Solaia, Casanova di Neri and Valdicava are now whispered in the same breath as the best reds from France, Spain, the United States or anywhere else in the world.
For Divino Tuscany, I chose the best wineries in the area to pour their top wines from recent and past vintages. My partner in the event, arts and event management company IMG Artists, has organized the best in music, food and entertainment events around the globe. This combination should make Divino Tuscany one of the most memorable and exclusive wine events ever.
Come join us from June 2 – 5 to be part of this special celebration.
– James Suckling
For more information on Divino Tuscany, visit www.DivinoTuscany.com